1. CONFIRMATION and ASSIGNMENT of FUNCTION SPACE: The function space assigned on the banquet event order, indicates the space that is tentatively being held and will be held on a definite basis upon signing of this EO by both parties. The terms and conditions of any group sales or catering sales agreement previously signed regarding this event remain in force and this EO is intended to provide specific function/event information in support of the original agreement. If for any reason the function space reserved is not available for your event, you agree that we may substitute space of appropriate size and comparable quality for your event. If you plan to print or publish the assigned space, please contact us first to confirm the room assignment.
2. GUARANTEE OF CHARGES: At least 7 business days before your event, you must inform us, in writing, of the exact number of people who will attend your event. The arrangements set forth on the reverse side of this EO will serve as the final arrangements for your event. The services, products, fees etc., as noted will be provided at the time of your event and you will be charged based on the event guarantee that you give us or the number of people indicated at the time you signed this EO, whichever is greater. We will not undertake to serve more than 3% more than this guaranteed minimum.
3. DEPOSITS/TAXES: We may request that you pay a deposit of 50% of the estimated dollar value of the event when you sign this agreement. You agree to pay separately any and all federal, state, municipal or other taxes imposed on or applicable to your event. In the United Kingdom, service charges and public room rental are subject to 20% VAT.
4. CANCELLATION: You may cancel this Agreement only upon giving written notice to us. The parties agree and understand that in the event of a cancellation, our actual damages would be difficult to determine. Therefore, you agree to pay the following amounts to us upon notice of cancellation as liquidated damages:
- Cancellation between date of signing and 3 days in advance of the event: As per contract agreement.
- Cancellation three business days or less in advance of the event: payment in full of all charges (As products and services must be purchased and scheduled in advance, notification three (3) business days or less before the event will require payment of all charges (including labor and service fees, rentals and applicable taxes) for the final guarantee or contracted number of guests ).
Additional damages may be owed for cancellation of your sleeping room contract (if applicable).
5. PAYMENT: Unless you have established credit in advance with us, you will pay the entire contract price in cash or by certified check at least three business days prior to your function or by personal bank check two weeks prior to your function. We may terminate this agreement and retain the portion of your deposit or seek additional amounts necessary to equal the cancellation fee provided in paragraph 4 if payment is not made as agreed. If you have established credit, payment in full will be due within thirty (30) days of your function. If you prefer, all charges can be paid by credit card. Hilton accepts American Express, Diners Club, Discover Card, JCB International, Master Card or Visa. If credit has not been approved for your function, you will provide us with the credit card to which all estimated master account charges will be charged no later than 7 days prior to event start date. If credit has been approved, you will provide us with your credit card information at the time of your function. If payment of all undisputed charges is not received within thirty (30) days after your receipt of the final invoice, a finance charge of 1.5% per month, or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is less, will accrue on the unpaid, undisputed amount, commencing on the date of receipt of the final invoice.
6. PRICE INCREASES: There may be increases in prices due to unforeseen changes in market conditions at the time of your event. We will communicate these increases to you in advance. We will require written confirmation that you agree to pay these increased prices. Alternatively, we, at our option, may in such event make reasonable substitutions in menus and you agree to accept such substitutions.
Should extensive meeting room set-ups or elaborate staging be required, there will be a set-up charge to cover hotel cost and additional labor. If equipment is necessary that exceeds hotel’s inventory, then you agree to pay for the cost of renting this additional equipment. You agree to indemnify us for any damage caused to any hotel property as a result of drayage related to your event, whether caused by you, your agents, employees, contractors, or agents.
7. OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Due to state law, you may not bring into the hotel alcoholic beverages. You must obtain prior approval from us before you bring in any food or non-alcoholic beverages from outside sources. A Hold Harmless Agreement and Liability Insurance are required if food or beverage products not purchased and served by hotel staff are brought in for consumption by your guests. Service fees will apply to any outside food or beverage served in our function space regardless if hotel labor is required.
8. DISPLAYS AND DECORATIONS; YOUR PROPERTY: We are not responsible for any loss or damage to property belonging to you or your attendees and do not maintain insurance covering it. For the safety of persons and property, no fireworks or incendiary devices may be used indoors at the hotel. All displays and/or decorations will be subject to our prior written approval.
9. SECURITY: If required, in our sole judgment, in order to maintain adequate security measures in light of the size and/or nature of your function, you will provide, at your expense, security personnel supplied by a reputable licensed guard or security agency doing business in the city or county in which we are located, which agency will be subject to our prior approval. Such security personnel may not carry weapons.
10. CONDUCT OF EVENT: Group agrees to cooperate with Hotel and any relevant governmental authority to ensure compliance with such laws. You assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at your event and for any damage done to any part of our premises during the time of your event. Should you require any rigging services for this event, all such services must be arranged through the in-house AV provider or the Hotel and you will be responsible for all costs associated therewith.
11. DELIVERIES: Arrangements for delivery of packages should be made through the catering office. Receiving, handling and shipping charges may apply.
12. PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS: We have the right to review and approve any advertisements or promotional materials in connection with your function, which specifically reference the Hilton name or logo.
13. AMENDMENTS/CHANGES: The parties agree that any amendments or changes to the arrangements described in this contract must be made in writing, signed by both you and us, provided, however, that this contract includes all signed or unsigned banquet event orders (and the terms and conditions contained therein and attached thereto)issued by us for this and related events.